Are you looking for Amazon’s Black Friday statistics? Don’t worry, you have just landed on the right page.
Black Friday, Prime Day, and Cyber Monday are the biggest sales days for Amazon. Nearly 57% of all Amazon users in the US plan to shop online from Amazon to grab deals and discounts as soon as possible.
In 2023, the total spending on Black Friday hit a record-breaking $9.12 billion in the US. The numbers went up to 2.3% for Black Friday, while Cyber Monday also registered a whopping $11.3 billion at a 5.8% rise compared to 2021. Out of total sales, Amazon accounted for 21% of total Black Friday sales. The number shows that both sellers and shoppers took advantage of this year’s holiday sales.
In this post, we will share everything you need to know about Amazon Black Friday Statistics. The complete data haven’t been announced yet. We will update the post as soon as we fetch the data.
Key Takeaway: This year’s Black Friday sale started on November 25. By the end of the sale, Amazon recorded a historical increase in overall sales. This data is just a chunk of Black Friday statistics. The complete data is yet to be announced by Amazon.
Let’s get started.
Amazon Black Friday Statistics In 2022
The complete Black Friday statistics haven’t been out yet. But still, I have gathered Amazon statistics for Black Friday from the data I have found.
1. General Statistics
- During this holiday period, Amazon’s small businesses in the US have estimated more than $1 billion in sales.
- Among all Amazon categories, the electronics category recorded the most sales. Apple Airpods, Amazon Fire TV sticks, and Amazon Echo Dot were the popular items that shoppers purchased the most during the occasion of this sale.
- The “Buy now, pay later” option was the most preferred payment method during Black Friday sales.
- Due to inflation and rising costs of food, gas, and rent, Americans specifically targeted deals and discounts on Amazon during Black Friday sales.
- Compared to other shopping methods, mobile shopping dominated this Black Friday sale. Out of total sales, 48% of online sales were made from phones which is 4% higher than last year’s sales.
2. Amazon Category-wise Statistics
- Due to inflation, discounts have also risen up in every category. The electronics category offered the highest discount among all categories. Electronics offered an average discount of 29% on items below $100, while Amazon devices above $100 offered a discount of 28%.
- Electronics, clothing, and home & kitchen are the top three categories shoppers showed interest in the most.
- “Amazon Basics” product revenue has seen a rise of almost 135% during the holiday season.
- Home, toys, fashion, Amazon devices, and beauty were top-selling categories.
- “Kids against maturity” and “What do you meme?” were the most purchased items from small businesses.
3. Shopper Trends and General eCommerce
- According to Digital Dot, eCommerce sales accounted for 21% of global sales, which is 50% from pre-pandemic events.
- In this holiday season, 58% of Gen-Zers, 53% of millennials, 40% of Gen-X, and 38% of baby boomers have purchased at least one item from Amazon.
- Millennials were the biggest spenders of all.
- 40% of all digital sales were made on Cyber Monday.
- An average adult spent almost $410 during this shopping event.
Best Selling Items On Amazon Black Friday Sale
Here are some of the best-selling items during Amazon’s holiday season sales.
1. iRobot Roomba j7+ (Smart Cleaning Robot)
Original Price: $800
Holiday Sale: $589 (26% Off)
- During the holiday sale weekend, the overall revenue of this item increased by 185%, while total unit sales increased by 216%.
- Search volume for “Roomba Pet Series” went up by 744% in the last 30 days.
2. Checkered Throw Blankets
Original Price: $60
Holiday Sale: $47.50 (21% Off)
- During the holiday sale weekend, the overall revenue of this item increased by 140%, while total unit sales increased by 148%.
- Search volume for ”home decor and gifts“increased by 1,398% in the last 30 days.
3. Cloud Slippers
Original Price: $40
Holiday Sale: $19.67 (51% Off)
- During the holiday sale weekend, the overall revenue of this item increased by 133%, while total unit sales increased by 177%.
- Search volume for ”slippers for home“ went up by 664% in the last 30 days.
4. Oral-B Pro 1000 (Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush)
Original Price: $50
Holiday Sale: $29.50 (40% Off)
- During the holiday sale weekend, the overall revenue of this item increased by 119%, while total unit sales increased by 145%.
- Search volume for ”electric toothbrush“ went up by 407% in the last 30 days.
5. Laifen Hair Dryer
Original Price: $200
Holiday Sale: $140 (30% Off)
- During the holiday sale weekend, the overall revenue of this item increased by 170%, while total unit sales increased by 164%.
- Search volume for ”blowdryers“ went up by 332% in the last 30 days.
6. NSE Pullover Hoodie By The North Face
Original Price: $59
Holiday Sale: $41.30 (21% Off)
- During the holiday sale weekend, the overall revenue of this item increased by 105%, while total unit sales increased by 108%.
- Search volume for ”Christmas gift for men“ went up by 2,680% in the last 30 days.
7. Hot Wheels City (The Ultimate Garage Set)
Original Price: $124
Holiday Sale: $78 (37% Off)
- During the holiday sale weekend, the overall revenue of this item increased by 58%, while total unit sales increased by 65%.
- Search volume for ”hot wheels“ increased 840% in the last 30 days.
8. Large Hair Claw Clips
Original Price: $19
Holiday Sale: $13 (32% Off)
- During the holiday sale weekend, the overall revenue of this item increased by 25%, while total unit sales increased by 39%.
- Search volume for ”beauty gifts“ went up by 400% in the last 30 days.
9. Muscle Massage Gun
Original Price: $200
Holiday Sale: $80 (60% Off)
- During the holiday sale weekend, the overall revenue of this item increased by 135%, while total unit sales increased by 135%.
- Search volume for ”neck & shoulder massager“ went up by 1,630% in the last 30 days.
Black Friday Sales vs Cyber Monday Sales on Amazon
Despite near-record inflation in the US, the holiday season sales on Amazon were successful, and both Black Friday & Cyber Monday dominated sales as usual. However, Cyber Monday recorded more sales and revenue compared to Black Friday. With huge discounts in almost all categories, consumers save a lot after shopping for the whole week.
Unfortunately, not every category had the luxury to see to increase in their sales and revenue. Since retailers like Walmart and Target were offering huge in-store discounts on gifts and toys, major toys and gifts businesses have experienced an approx 19% fall. Some popular products like gaming headsets and meat thermometers also saw a significant decline during this holiday sales.
Still, Black Friday is considered a great day to purchase from consumer staples and home categories. Cyber Monday is rather a good occasion for electronics purchases. Amazon’s electronics sales have seen a 23% increase in overall sales of electronics after 2018. This is why Cyber Monday is becoming a great day for electronics purchases.
- How To Sell On Amazon Without Inventory
- How To Sell On Amazon Handmade
- Best Selling Amazon Categories
- What Is Amazon SEO
Conclusion: Amazon Black Friday Statistics In (2022)
Black Friday is one of the favorite occasions to shop from Amazon. This occasion comes with a huge opportunity for both shoppers and sellers. Sellers can give a substantial boost to their sales by offering deals and discounts to their users. Shoppers can also save hundreds of dollars by shopping during this holiday week. And the stats are proof of it.
Amazon Black Friday stats are completely out yet. Still, we have listed all the facts and numbers that we found from various sources. We will keep updating these stats as soon they are out.
- Squarespace Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2023 - September 12, 2023
- How Many People Shop Online In 2023 (Latest Trends & Data) - September 11, 2023
- How To Make Passive Income On Amazon In 2023 (Guide) - August 29, 2023