Amazon Choice and Best Seller are two badges that every seller wishes to be labeled with their products. But getting one of them is not the easiest task for sellers unless they are prepared from the start.
These badges often influence new Amazon sellers. They always think that these sellers might be doing something exceptional and extraordinary in order to get these badges. But this is not completely true.
Not everyone can indeed get these badges, but it is not impossible to get one. You have to start with a goal and make different strategies to earn one of these badges. But what are these badges, and how to get them? These questions are rumbling in your mind.
In this post, I will compare Amazon Choice and Best Seller badges for you. I have also included the best strategies to get both badges. By the end of the article, you will understand which one suits your business the most.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- What Does Amazon’s Choice Mean?
- What Is Amazon’s Choice Badge Based On?
- What Does Amazon Best Seller Mean?
- What Is Amazon’s Best Seller Badge Based On?
- Difference Between Amazon’s Choice And Best Seller
- How To Get An Amazon’s Choice Badge
- How To Get Amazon Best Seller Badge
- Amazon Choice vs Best Seller: Which One is Better?
- Final Verdict: Amazon Choice vs Best Seller
What Does Amazon’s Choice Mean?
It is a badge that Amazon gives to product listings that are well-optimized with SEO. Before Amazon provides the badges to listings, its algorithm looks at various factors, such as product quality, pricing, shipping speed, reviews, etc. So whenever you see an Amazon product marked as Amazon’s Choice, it has been recommended by Amazon, and you can trust that product.
What Is Amazon’s Choice Badge Based On?
Amazon’s Choice is a valuable badge of trust and reliability. Getting an Amazon’s Choice badge totally depends on how neatly you curate your product listing and how well your product performs on the Amazon marketplace. So this badge can’t be purchased—you have to earn it.
As an example, when you conduct a search query for “yoga mats” on Amazon, you will get thousands of product recommendations for your search query. At the top of the search results, you will see an Amazon’s Choice tag above a specific product that’ll look something like this image.
So basically, this badge only shows on a single product for a specific search term or keywords. Amazon’s algorithm automatically awards this badge to the product which has all the following specifications in one:
- Relevant Keywords: The tagged product must contain the keywords you have used for your search query.
- High Customer Ratings: The product will have a rating of four stars or higher.
- Tons of Positive Reviews: The product will have over 70% positive reviews with high ratings.
- Fast Shipping: The product will have a record of fast shipping times. It will also be available for same-day, one-day and two-day delivery.
- Prime Badge: The product will also show a Prime badge that showcases its availability for free and fast shipping.
- Minimum Returns: The product will have a history of low return rate, which shows audiences’ reliability and trust.
When seller properly optimize their product listing and provides a better customer experience to their audience, Amazon’s algorithm automatically labels this badge to the seller’s specific product. Amazon shoppers trust this badge which is why they choose the awarded product over others.
What Does Amazon Best Seller Mean?
As the name suggests, Amazon labels the Best Seller badge to the product that got the most sales within a certain period. However, Amazon hasn’t specified what time period they calculate the data. So the Best Seller badge doesn’t depend on Amazon’s algorithm. Instead, it is determined by historical and recent sales data. You can find many Best-Seller-tagged products for a search term or specific keyword.
Like Amazon’s Choice, the Best Seller badge is also a valuable indication of trust. However, this badge doesn’t influence by the ratings, reviews, or clicks of customers. So a low-rated product can also get a Best Seller badge if it has a good past or recent sales history.
What Is Amazon’s Best Seller Badge Based On?
Amazon gives a special number to every item that at least had one sale, which is known as BSR (Best Seller Rank). The BSR is an indicator of how well the product is performing on Amazon. A product’s BSR is based on historical sales data, and it is updated every hour. However, the Best Seller badge is only provided to the products that are crowned as number 1 in BSR. Unlike Amazon’s Choice, the Best Seller badge can be given to multiple products at the same time for a specific search keyword.
Here are some major factors that Amazon sees in a product before awarding the Best Seller badge:
- Well-optimized Product Listing: The product will have an SEO-optimized listing with keyword-rich titles, descriptions, bullet points, and images. The bullet points and images also highlight the product’s key features.
- Prime Eligibility: Every Best-Seller badged product will also be eligible for a Prime badge. It shows the product is available for immediate shipping with free and two-day delivery options.
- High-Quality Images: A Best-Seller labeled product contains a range of high-quality images from various angles, which attracts customers to the seller’s storefront.
- Advertising Methods: Many sellers use various advertising methods to market their products. It helps them increase their sales in a short time. So, it is possible that you can find a sponsored Amazon product with the Best Seller badge.
Difference Between Amazon’s Choice And Best Seller
- Amazon’s Choice is based on a specific product’s search terms and keywords. At the same time, the Best Seller badge is given to a product in a particular category according to its sales data.
- Amazon’s Choice badge stays on a product for a long time until another product offers a better service and pricing for the same keyword. The Best Seller badge mostly depends on recent sales data, so it is possible that it can be awarded to another product within an hour.
- Getting an Amazon Best Seller badge entirely depends on your skills and your product’s performance among your audience. On the other hand, getting Amazon’s Choice badge demands hard work and a little bit of luck.
- Amazon’s algorithm constantly changes from time to time, so it is hard to follow the latest change. Therefore, Amazon can transfer the Amazon’s Choice badge to another seller anytime. The Best Seller badge stays with you until you keep the most sales record within your category.
- Not all products are worthy of Amazon’s Choice badge, while any product with the highest sale can get the Best Seller badge.
How To Get An Amazon’s Choice Badge
Earlier, Amazon’s Choice was used to streamline the purchases made from Amazon Echo devices. Now, it is awarded as a badge to eligible products. However, keywords still play an important role if you want to get this badge for your product. Let’s see how you can fetch this title.
1. Focus On Keywords
The Amazon Choice badge heavily depends on specific keywords. If your goal is to get the badge for your product, you have to focus mainly on the specific keyword. For that, you have to optimize your listing according to using the keyword.
2. Listing Optimization
Optimizing product listing is another important factor that decides whether you get the Amazon Choice badge or not. Listing optimization is an SEO practice that sellers use to rank their products in a specific category organically.
3. Be Eligible For Prime
If you want to get the Amazon choice badge for your product, you need to make your product eligible for Prime. For that, you have to keep your inventory in stock and available for immediate shipping. The fastest way to get a Prime badge on your product is by using FBA as your fulfillment method.
4. Thrive For More Positive Reviews
To become eligible for Amazon’s Choice badge, your product needs at least 70% reviews in your product’s favor. You can use Amazon’s Request a Review feature to ask for customers’ feedback once your product gets delivered to them. The more positive reviews your products will get, the higher the chances of getting the badge you will get.
5. Have A Competitive Pricing
Amazon’s Choice badge also represents the product is well priced and high-quality product. So you have to set your pricing very competitively. You can use a repricer tool to generate competitive prices for your products.
6. Ensure Low Returns
Multiple product returns can negatively impact your product’s reputation. And it can also reduce your chances of acquiring the badge. Make sure you offer quality products to your customers to minimize returns.
7. Manage Your Inventory Properly
If you want to get an Amazon’s Choice badge, you must keep your inventory in stock every time. If you are using the FBA method for your order fulfillment, you need to replenish your inventory from time to time.
How To Get Amazon Best Seller Badge
To get the Best Seller badge, you have to plan from the start, from choosing the product category to crafting the product listing. Let’s see how you can do it.
1. Choose The Right Category
For each category, Amazon only lists 100 Best Seller products. So it is crucial to find a low-competitive category. It is also important that the category you also relate to your product and niche. However, you can also choose a category first and a product to sell later.
2. Optimize Your Listing
Once you find the perfect category and product to sell on Amazon, you need to create a well-optimized product listing for your store. You will need to stuff relevant keywords to your title and descriptions to make them SEO-friendly. An optimized listing increases your chances of getting exposure. When you get exposure from Amazon shoppers, you will likely generate more sales which is important to get the Best Seller tag.
3. Choose Amazon FBA
Choosing the Amazon FBA program to fulfill orders can make a big difference when it comes to getting the Best Seller tag. FBA helps your products deliver to your customers on time. It can also help you increase your sales.
4. Offer Product Variations
You can offer product variations such as different styles, sizes, colors, and flavors. It gives your customers different options to choose from. And also, variation allows customers to compare items from different stores, which is more likely to help you increase your sales.
5. Set Up Promotions
You can offer different types of promotions, such as promo codes, coupons, and deals, to your customers. Coupons and offers naturally attract customers that eventually help you drive more sales.
You can try these tricks to generate more sales on your sales which is your primary need to get the Best Seller badge. You will also need to get along with your target audience in order to drive sales. For that, you can set up PPC campaigns or use other marketing methods to promote your products. It might cost you a little bit of money, but it is worth spending if you are getting results.
Amazon Choice vs Best Seller: Which One is Better?
In short, you can say both Amazon’s Choice and Best Seller badges can help a seller increase their sales. Regardless of the badge, shoppers see them as a mark of trust, and eventually, they will be more likely to buy from these labeled products rather than unmarked products.
However, Amazon’s Choice badge is awarded to the product that is in stock, highly rated, and eligible for fast shipping. More likely, it is recommended by Amazon for a specific keyword after qualifying Amazon’s search algorithm. Compared to similar products, Amazon Choice labeled product has a lot of positive reviews, and they have a very low return rate.
On the other hand, the Best Seller badge is given to the product with the most sales in a particular category or sub-category. Amazon updates the Best Seller rank hourly. So anyone can easily get this badge by driving more sales on their Amazon storefront.
Final Verdict: Amazon Choice vs Best Seller
So, now we have discussed both badges. In conclusion, Amazon’s Choice and Best Seller both badges are both valuable and definitely give an edge over other products. Both badges help sellers increase their sales, conversions, and click-through rates. The conversion rate of these badge holders is seven times higher than regular products with no special badges. However, Amazon’s Choice is far more uncertain than the Best Seller badge.
Amazon’s Choice badge is determined by well-optimized product listing and SEO. So if you are targeting this badge for your product, you have to consider taking care of many points, such as customer satisfaction, competitive pricing, on-time deliveries, and low returns. Getting the Best Seller badge is easier than Amazon’s Choice. A little marketing strategy and popularity amongst similar products can get you the Best Seller badge in a short time. So it is up to you to choose the one that suits your business the most.
- Amazing Selling Machine Review 2023: Is It Worth The Hype? - January 26, 2023
- What Does Renewed Mean On Amazon (How To Join) - January 24, 2023
- Amazon Choice vs Best Seller: What’s The Difference? - January 19, 2023